Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday text.

It has been a tough week. I am taking a graduate level course that calls for academic writing, but I never had any course in preparing me for the level of writing needed. I had a good conversation with one of my bosses today. I asked her about tips to improve my writing. She had some good suggestions. One of them was to write all the time. This means taking notes, jotting down ideas, blogging, etc. Not to worry about grammer or punctuation. That will come with time. Much of what she said that was poor writing, I had been doing. Writing in this forum is a first step for me. I don't care who reads it. I just want to write for writings sake. I think the more comfortable I am and less intimidated I feel, this will be a fun process. I may write about the weather, politics, work, and the craziness of life. My cats will benefit too, because their blog will be another writing outlet. Besides, they do cute and funny things.

Okay. I am tired and ready to hit the hay.

I will be back here tomorrow, ready to write.

Diane

No comments: